Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Elementary Art Sub Plan - Elmer

Elementary Art Sub Plan - Elmer


Here's an idea from the blog, Dali's Mustache.

She suggests, "I just love this story. Great life lesson: It's fun to be different! This is great for a substitute lesson plan: just make some elephant tracers, and have students add a grid and lots of color!"

This lesson would use the most simple materials: crayon and paper. The blog writer used elephant shaped templates too. Kids love tracing so this would work nicely as a sub lesson. Plus, if you have the book Elmer, that is a great introduction to the lesson.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love your blog! I have added a ton of your ideas to my sub plans or revamped them into an actual lesson for elementary levels. I am a first year teacher, so I take all the help I can.
    I saw your post about the book Elmer and Dali's Mustache blog... I did a weaving lesson with my first grade that was inspired by Elmer, I would love for you to check it out.
    http://lawnim19artisticfreedom.blogspot.com/2012/01/elmer-elephant-inspired-weavings.html

    ReplyDelete