Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Preparing for an Art Sub

Preparing for an Art Sub


I would love to sub in Cassie Stephens' art room.  Here are rich plans and ideas for good organization.

ideas for organizing for an art sub

I believe that in sub planning, more is more. Give the sub lots of help. Give them contingency plans for if the kids finish early or is the class is short. Help them to not be left in a lurch. What a nightmare to be in a room of strange kids with nothing to do.  Sheesh. I just got a cold chill down my spine.

More Posts about Planning for a Sub


Here are a couple of other posts about preparing for an art sub.  Emergency Art Sub Plan for Kindergarten.  This one links to a post from Mr. E about when he had to be that sub. A class' sub didn't show up and he had to double up kindergarten classes, by himself, with no help. There are also links to free resources to help you.

Setting Up for a Sub This one is from That Little Art Teacher. She leads you through how to get ready for a sub. Let me tell you, planning for this in advance will make your absences much easier to deal with. They are NO FUN.

More Resources

I sell art lesson plans and activities. One thing I always, always, always wanted to have on hand for my art sub was activities for early finishers.  Here are some in my TPT shop that you should check out. Most are only .99 and believe me, they may be a realy life saver for your sub.

Click here if you want activites to engage those early finishers:

No comments:

Post a Comment